Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hot Chocolate Run Dec 8 2013

I forgot to post about this one, as I seriously have been under the weather since I ran this one…


This was a race I was an Ambassador for every year!!  I just think this race is a fun run, and a pretty calm and even course!  Besides, the swag is pretty awesome too!!

The morning of the run, I woke up with a sever sore throat and heavy head, and ear ache… good grief, I can't run feeling like this… I could barely stand up and get dressed for the COLD morning… I should stay home, I kept saying to myself, but I had a reason to run that morning…

I had a friend that wanted to run a 5K with me, and I suggested running this one with me!  It was her first 5K, and I was so excited to introduce her into my world of running!!  I knew if I didn't show, I would have let her down and that was unacceptable.  So I made my way to the race…


I found her, and helped her pin her bib on her shirt!!  Oh, how fun!  I knew she would love it!  We got in the corral and headed towards the front of the line.  Now, I don't run fast and have no business being in corral A, but I don't like being in the back of any line!  I don't trip anyone up, as I can keep up with the thick crowd, and it eventually thins out and I am good…

I really didn't think I was going to make it 500 yards, but we did and we kept running/walking the route together.  I felt so bad, as I was not being energetic for a first timer, and I so wanted it to be a great experience for her.  We ran it slow, and I think it was a good pace for her, and it was a pace I could talk and help her along.

It was COLD, and the more I ran and talked, the more my throat burned… what the heck was I doing out here??  I looked over and saw my friend somewhat enjoying herself, I forgot about the way I felt for a spilt second…

We did it!! We finished!!!  I was so very proud of my friend for running her first 5K!!




We got our Hot Chocolate bowl and headed home… where I got into bed, and have been SICK ever since… Hahahaha… It was worth it!!
Kelley's first 5K


This didn't even look good...

1 comment: