Saturday, November 9, 2013

Women's Half Marathon-Scottsdale




This is always a fun race to do, with the exception of the course itself!  Hahaha... the last three years I have run the Half Marathon, and this year I didn't sign up... coming off of the Nike Women's and all, I kind of forgot to sign up for it... so at the last minute, I signed up... but for the 5K instead of the Half!  Mind you, I hadn't run a mile since that AWESOME day in San Francisco... so a 5K was a great way to shake it out and get going again...

I got up early and headed towards the Tempe Town Lakes and parked... I saw the buses in the parking lot leaving with the Half Marathoner's and I secretly wished I had just done that one, but I was running this one for FUN!  I walked nearly a mile to the starting line in the dark and made my way to the corrals.  Not a ton of women running the 5K as the medal size is significantly BIGGER in size, and quite frankly, that's a part of why I "race" is for those big shiny medals!!  But alas, I am in line and the day before I hadn't even registered... so I was impressed that I was where I was at that moment.


We lined up and got ready to run the course around the Tempe Town Lake and I will admit, I was a bit nervous not having run a lick in 2 weeks!!  The siren sounded and we were off...

The course was pretty up and down, but nothing like the long stretch of hills in SF, so they didn't phase me a bit... my how things change in a matter of two weeks!  Hahahhaha... I felt GREAT!!  No walking for me... I ran the entire course, as I usually have to walk a bit, even in a 5K... mind over matter really, I turned for the Finish Line... and finished!!  Got a pretty shiny medal, and being one of the first ones through I got to enjoy the entire spread of food and freebies that I usually miss due to being a slower runner... It was pleasant!!  Haha...



Walked back to my car and felt amazing!!  Beautiful weather and I just ran a 5K without stopping!  Life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment